02 April 2015

A Quiet, Holy Thursday

So in anticipation of the stock market being closed tomorrow and of Holy Week, a few months ago I scheduled a vacation day today, just assuming I would have the day off tomorrow. In an effort to be more.... tolerant?.... my company has decided that anyone who wants to take the day off tomorrow can, but it will not be automatic for everyone.

Whatever.

So, as it would happen- I have a random day off in the middle of the week. My mom said I shouldn't have wasted a vacation day, which is why I'm not going to waste it! I have a few things I want to accomplish.

While the CFP prep work I had to do was a major beat down, it felt great working so hard to pursue one of my goals, and then seeing the fruit of that work so quickly (hashtag, instant gratification.) I'm going to spend the next three months focusing on a few other goals, and I'm excited to see my hard work pay off over time, and then immediately get to work on other plans. There are so many things I want to do before I get married, I'm not wasting any more time.

I think I'm so intent on getting these things done because I'm not fulfilled by my work or by a community here. I worry that I'm becoming someone who is too comfortable being alone, I don't want to become so dependent on myself that I do not depend on others, and especially on the Lord.

Last night I had a dream about a book I'm reading. That was interesting. In my dream I was scrolling through the pages trying to find a particular passage I read last night, having the most trouble finding it. I will write another post on that excerpt because it really hit home, but I want to have more time to formulate my thoughts.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life- what are you going to do with it?


Have a Holy, Peaceful Triduum.
Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment