21 October 2015

Extroverted Homebody?

Hey little blog readers! I love you!

I have been thinking over a blog post I want to write about Pope Francis KICKING MY ASS through the entirety of my reading of Evangelii Gaudium. SO GOOD. I love that I can be so challenged by his words and so affirmed and encouraged at the same time. And in case you're keeping track of my #30b430, you'll be pleased to know that I've figured out how to check the box for "build something useful." More on that to come once it's finished... it may take the better part of this year. 

I've probably said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I really love my 30 Before 30 list. I am a dreamer and a realist all wrapped into one and my type A personality requires that I get.shit.done. I get super antsy if I haven't done anything productive in a while. (Sometimes a while can be a few days, sometimes it can be a few hours.) When this happens, the remedy is to take my laptop and a notebook to a restaurant or coffee shop and make a few lists, and then start checking things off. This usually appeases me. I'm a weirdo.

Over the past two weeks I house sat for some rather wealthy friends of my mom's who were on a cruise in the French/Italian Riviera. #mustbenice 
But it actually was pretty awesome for me because they paid me. A lot. So now I'm thinking I should start a house/pet sitting business. Cash business, no overhead... Sallie Mae will be so pleased! Anyways, that's in the back of my mind. 

I've also been reading a mom blog, Catholic All Year, from the beginning. I don't feel very productive when I sit and read it for a while (unlike a book... also probably why I hate the idea of e-readers.), but I've enjoyed getting to know her family. I wonder why so many mom blogs are so viral but you see very few single girl blogs with more than a few readers. Probably because being a single girl comes with so many insecurities and question marks, and no one cares to read about that stuff. I'm not sure. I like reading mom blogs... I hope this blog will one day turn into a mom blog. But that day is not today.

I spent this past weekend doing all kinds of hipster/trendy things. I stayed out till 2AM on Friday, ate at a Paleo restaurant, drank a beet/rosemary/agave margarita on a rooftop bar, and attended an open mic night in an obscure art studio in a warehouse type building on Saturday, then drank mimosas and brunched in a different rooftop bar on Sunday. It was fun and I was glad to have branched out. I want to do that more often and meet more young Catholics. This requires going out of my comfort zone and my area of town. I am happy to have agreed to lead some girls small groups this year because my presence is required at these weekly events. When it comes to things that are optional, like going out, meeting new people, etc., I tend to stay home. But I wasn't made for comfort, I suppose! I still maintain that I am an extroverted homebody. I hope God made someone who can deal with all the juxtapositions contained within this one little soul.

St. Joseph, pray for us. 
St. Gianna, pray for us.
St. Louis and Zelie Martin, pray for us! 

2 comments:

  1. Brittany, I just wanted to say, as an aside, that I had no idea what you meant by #30b430. I thought you were referring to the hex color code #30b430, which is a color green, and wondered how that had anything to do with what you were saying. Then I realized it was to be read "[hastag] thirty before thirty." Now it all makes sense!

    http://www.color-hex.com/color/30b430

    ReplyDelete