17 December 2015

Promised Tomorrows

Life with Jesus is just so good.

Today I heard a song on the radio that had the line, "we're not promised tomorrow."
But it isn't true, I don't think.

Jesus DOES promise us tomorrow. It may not look like today. It may not be pretty or sunny. It may not even be on earth or inside time. But He does promise us tomorrow, and a thousand tomorrows after that, if we cooperate with grace. And He promises that tomorrow will be for our good and that He will fulfill the desires of our hearts and we will be loved in it. Those are the kind of promises that my God makes. That's the kind of Savior that I have. I am grateful.

I love the New Evangelization. God has no hands and feet but ours mine. People NEED to hear this! My own friends and family NEED to hear of the saving message of Christ's coming, they need to know that His yoke is easy and His burden is light.. How scandalous is it of me to keep something like this from them? How hateful of me?

Today my mom's sister Kelly took her own life. She sent a message to my mom and her other sisters, so I was able to pray the glorious mysteries in the physical hour of her death, which gives me comfort. No one is beyond the redeeming love of our Good Father. Please pray for the repose of her soul, and for my family.

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. (Mt 11:28)

Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.

St. Matthew the Publican, pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll pray a rosary for her and your family today.

    ReplyDelete