22 March 2013

Rolling with the Punches

First, I must say: I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT POPE FRANCIS!!!

Now, on the defense. I just read these articles and found them absurd but interesting. From my recent experience, THIS is the battlefield for Catholics.

Baby Boomers who grew up being told that things will change in the Church are still sitting around waiting on that change, meanwhile my generation has embraced the holy traditions of the Church. Somehow the Baby Boomers keep the blinders on and can't see where the future is headed. It doesn't help our cause that there are orders of sisters across the country fighting for "women's rights to choose" and "gay marriage." It seems that these Catholics, while I obviously don't believe they pose any real threat to the 2000 year institution itself, are better at persecuting Her that any other group of people.

Let me know what you think!

http://www.goerie.com/article/2013303109938?fb_action_ids=10200875420836148&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210200875420836148%22%3A477532098980410%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210200875420836148%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

(My favorite, and probably the only piece of truth in this article, is his comment about Cafeteria Catholics... at least he recognizes one tide that has certainly turned in our Church.)


(written by a Sister... isn't that sad?! Doesn't she see that telling people about the love of Christ necessarily involves His commandments? What kind of Father doesn't give rules to His children?)


Obviously, neither of them has seen or experienced the renewal of the Faith happening on college campuses. We need to be better! We need to reach more people faster! We need to preach the love of Jesus Christ!

Barack Obama recently weighed in:

"It seems to me that an American people would preside just as effectively as a Polish pope or an Italian pope or a Guatemalan pope," responded the president of the United States.
The ABC newsreader asked, "And not take orders from you?"
"I don't know if you have checked lately but the Conference of Catholic Bishops here in the United States don't seem to be taking orders from me," said Obama.

Boom. Love it.

Then Obama goes on to say that he hope the new Pope will uphold what he (Obama) considers to be the tenants of the Gospel: to love and serve.


In response to all three of these comments, I say this: who do you think you are?! Do you people really honestly think so much of yourselves that you think that YOU have the right to determine how the WHOLE Church should serve God? I have been known to be outrageously full of pride (not in the good way), but even I cannot fathom the idea that my tiny little brain should dictate how Jesus meant the things He said. Thank God for the Church. I'm not even going to get started.

St. Peter, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment