04 January 2012

Home Away From Home

Happy New Year!!

I hope you all have had an amazing holiday season filled with God's many blessings.

Today I have been thinking about the concept of home. I am "home" in Southlake, finishing up some last minute fundraising and preparing to head back to my other home in Auburn. I long for Auburn like a child on Christmas morning who lies in bed waiting for some sign of life from among siblings and cousins so that they can all rush down the stairs to see their gifts under the tree. I'm waiting patiently (outwardly, anyways) to go back, and my soul is excited to see what God has planned for this semester. Inwardly, I am anxious about many things. (To me, Martha, the Lord has said, "You are in need of only one thing.")

Knowing that I have been blessed with just one more semester at Auburn, I want to make the best of it. After May, I will scarcely be able to return to my Alma Mater, my "home away from home" of these four years. At first this made me nervous: how can I move again and find a new home? After some thought and prayer, I have concluded that my longing is a result of God's will for me to serve there. Home is where the mission is, and for me, right now, the mission is Auburn's campus.

Happy Feast Day to my beautiful friend/roommate/disciple/teacher/sounding board etc., Allison.
Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, pray for us!

2 comments:

  1. You lemembeled! (wowza, what a word!) I forgot about it until I prayed morning prayer right before Mass today. (Not that I slept in late... noooo, not this girl, not today!)

    I am ready for you to come HOME!!! Our apartment is so cozy and clean... and there is still a present underneath the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I hope your last semester at Auburn is great. They built a Chipotle for you!

    ReplyDelete