27 September 2013

Projects!!


In my spare time, I've recently been completing some projects. I don't do a lot of "pinterest projects" kinda how I don't use a lot of recipes. I just look up stuff and fuse a bunch of ideas I like. One project that I'm particularly proud of is my new bookshelf. It cost $20 at a garage sale and I used supplies that I found in my garage to make it what I wanted. I love the idea of upcycling!  I took pictures along the way so I could show you.


Before


The base stain is espresso, the top stain is kona

Not exactly the "ombre" look I was going for, but I like it

The finished product!!! I love it!

I've also been doing some Fall cleaning and cooking! I've cleaned out a few tubs of clothes in the garage as well as my dresser and my closet. 

Enough t-shirts to clothe a small country

My closet is now color coded and everything in there fits and is work appropriate, and is something I actually like. (Why do we sometimes end up keeping clothes that don't fit right or that we don't like?!) I've also cleaned out my linen closet and underneath my bathroom sink. I love being organized!!

As for the cooking, this is what I've been up to:

Baking these! Pumpkin + Chocolate Chip? Yes.
And turning this...
Into this!

And tomorrow I'll be participating in my first ever Chili Cook-off!! I'm not sure how well I'll do, I was volun-told by my teammates that I was the chili cook for this competition just a few days ago. The chili is in the crockpot this very second, and let me tell you, the Shiner was a good idea.
This is what I'm working on right now
Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. I just LOVE the weather! Even though it got up to 90 today, the breeze is blowing and it's getting down in the 60s at night, and I can't wait for turning leaves, crisp air, and great hair weather! 


Bella enjoying the cooler weather
Anyone else enjoy a good Fall cleaning? Got any organization tips or great project ideas? Let me know!

St. Therese of Lisieux, pray for us!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Fall is my favorite time of year too.

    ReplyDelete