01 June 2016

Mum's the Word

Almost nothing thought provoking has been happening lately.

I say almost because there is one area of my life where I've been able to have some life giving conversations, and it's in the most unexpected of places: my office! My protestant teammate and I have had some pretty interesting conversations about Jesus. He seems  to be an unaware Christian Relativist (I thought those things were mutually exclusive too) but he likes Aquinas and Augustine. I have been given such an interesting grace: complete detachment from the outcome of these conversations. Of course I would LOVE to see him think his way into the Church but I have no desire to tie up loose ends in any of our conversations. Usually I get a little overzealous and want to sit down and figure everything out right then and there when these situations arise, but in this case, I have him captive for a minimum of 11 more months, and I have been able to completely surrender the results to Jesus. I'm just feeding a little fuel into the fire that the Holy Spirit has already begun.

In most other areas of my life, I feel like I'm in a quiet period. (Picasso went through a blue period, can my soul go through a quiet one?) It is also perhaps the calm before the storm.

Life Update during the calm:

I'm taking golf lessons.


I'm going to take a quilting class (and hopefully make a quilt for my Goddaughter)
This month I will pay off a student loan I've been working on paying down since August!
My Bible Study is starting back up for Summer. (Pray for the women who I'm asking to join us!)
I'm still working on training for a 10k. I've gotten myself up to a 5k but I'm so absurdly slow that if I start the 10k race now I might finish by the 4th of July.
Still getting into the groove with my new job. This one has a much longer "ramp up" period than others I've had.

The storm?
July 30-August 8: FRANCE!!!!!!
Kathlene and I are going to Paris, Lisieux, Normandy, Tours, Bordeaux, Lourdes, Toulouse, Lyon, and Reims! EEEEEK!!! I'm so excited! Joie de vivre! (This is about the only French I know.)


Also in August: bridal shower for the beautiful and holy and talented Allie, and mid month my Goddaughter (daughter of my friends Kelly and Mat) should make her appearance!

Right now, while I feel like I'm in this quiet period (characterized by a calm contented prayer life where neither Jesus nor I say much, I think) I'm trying to be the best Me. I don't know what God has planned for my life. I want to know... but I also want to be able to look back on this time fondly, as if I lived each moment and enjoyed this time. I don't always enjoy it, and I often have to remind myself to wait for the future to come and not grasp at something that isn't mine yet. But I want to try my hardest. I want to become holy while carrying this cross, and not look at others and ask for those instead.

St. Joseph, pray for us.
Servant of God Elisabeth Leseur, pray for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment