17 February 2013

Week One Reflections

Well, folks, I did it!

I survived my first week in Corporate America!

A few things I've learned:

Even though I thought I worked 24/7 as a missionary (and in some cases I did), working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week is exhausting! When I get home at 5:15, I can't think about anything for at least an hour, and I want to go to bed around 9 every night. Free time is a thing of the past my friends.

6AM sucks, God made it dark because we're supposed to be sleeping!!

I'm SO thankful to live so close! I leave at 7:30 and am in the office with my coffee by 7:55. Some of the people in my "new hire" class leave at 7 and fight traffic for an hour on the way to work.

I'm now bad at returning phone calls, praying holy hours, and thinking about anything but finance. (This will get better as I get used to my schedule and have less studying to do.)

My new hire class is full of really awesome people. The people you work with really make it or break it!

The Series 7 is going to be the hardest test I've ever taken. I've studied at least three hours per day so far... it's going to be a long road to May!

I am SO BLESSED to have these kinds of opportunities, this is right where God wants me right now, and Fidelity is an awesome company.


I have some things I want to say about Lent, but I'm gonna pray about it a little more to clarify my thoughts in my head (sometimes I really sound like an introvert!) and I'll keep you posted.

Blessed John Paul the Great, pray for us!

1 comment:

  1. hi! i've been reading your blog since you were a missionary (and actually applied myself to be a missionary this year but took a corporate job instead). i started working in June...i know what you mean about being exhausted when you get home. that was me for the first few months, i would just come home and lay on the couch until i went to bed i was so exhausted. now - 8 months out I am adjusted and I find the evenings seem longer if I go out and do stuff after more work and i have more energy now that i'm adjusted to working 8-9 hour days and have a schedule down pat!

    i am terrible at responding to personal emails now! the last thing i want to do when i get home is get back on a computer!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete